GAME SHOOTING An Illustrated History
- More Information
Game Shooting an Illustrated History
Game shooting for sporting purposes has taken place in England since the first half of the sixteenth century. David Jones has written a fascinating and comprehensive book covering the history of the sport from its inception to the present day. He examines changes in the typical shooting day, based on surviving diaries, newspaper articles and other historical documents. He charts the development of shooting in England, Wales and Scotland, across Europe and worldwide, including the planning and organisation required to support the growing popularity of the sport.
Game Shooting contains a large selection of historic illustrations, photographs, articles and documents, providing an accurate record and unique insight into the lives of those involved. A fascinating book suitable for anyone with an interest in the sport.
- A fascinating and comprehensive book on the history of shooting
- Aimed at gamekeepers, sportsmen, shooters and anyone with an interest in country life or countryside history
- Invaluable work of reference for the shooters, gamekeeper, the history student and social historian
- Includes snippets from diaries, game books and personal testimonies from sportsmen and gamekeepers
- Covers not only shooting in the UK and overseas, but also shoot organisation, lady shoots, shoot vehicles and sporting agents
- Beautifully illustrated throughout
- See more at: http://www.quillerpublishing.com/categories/shooting-books/game-shooting.html#sthash.wEdiMv6u.dpuf
David S D Jones has been an archivist and historian for the National Gamekeepers' Organisation for over a decade and has written extensively on the subject of gamekeeping and game shooting over the past thirty years, contributing numerous articles to all of the major British sporting titles. In addition, he owns the Gamekeeping Photographic Archive and the David S D Jones Photographic Collection. He is the author of the widely acclaimed books Sporting Estates of the Outer Hebrides – Past and Present; Sporting Lodges (978-1-84689-168-7) with J C Jeremy Hobson; and Gamekeeping: An Illustrated History (978-1-84689-189-2). - See more at: http://www.quillerpublishing.com/categories/shooting-books/game-shooting.html#sthash.wEdiMv6u.dpuf
|Length/ Casting Weight||No|